Yeah, DEFINITELY don’t bring your weed when you turn yourself in to the police.
Last week I enjoyed some time in a mental institution. I know, I know, anyone who reads this blog could have told me I was crazy, but I guess I needed professional confirmation. Anyway, here’s a few lessons I’ve learned the hard way:
1. Don’t bring your weed when you turn yourself in to the police.
2. Wearing a “I want to die, ask me why” shirt to the loony bin won’t score you any sanity points.
3. Being desperate for alone time can make even a trip to the psych ward calming.
4. The ability to go outside when you want to is a luxury not to be taken for granted.
5. Spending hours on end with a small group of like-minded individuals is wonderful for forming great friendships.
6. Some non-profits have to use tarps and duct tape as a pillow (no wonder we all were nuts).
View original post 80 more words